On 14 March, Spanish Royal Decree 463/2020 approved the declaration of a state of emergency throughout Spain to tackle the public health crisis caused by the COVID-19 virus. In accordance with this decree and in order to protect the health of our customers, employees and business partners, the Hotel SOFIA Barcelona will remain temporarily closed..
Given the exceptional nature of the situation, we would like to apologise for any inconvenience that this public health crisis may cause to you or your loved ones. We would also like to inform you of the measures that we have adopted in our policy for the rebooking and cancelling of bookings. We want to offer our guests total flexibility while taking the difficulty of the circumstances into account.
Current bookings – Cancellation Policy
For bookings made before 30 March 2020.
• If you have anon-refundable booking made via our website or customer service centre for a stay before 1st of July, we are giving you the option to postpone it to a later date up to 31 December 2020 at no extra charge, in a room with the same features and with the same terms and conditions. Please email the hotel at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to make the change.
• Guests who have made a booking with free cancellation via our website or customer service centre may cancel at any time up to 24 hours before their scheduled arrival and receive a full refund.
Future bookings – Cancellation Policy
We understand that it is difficult to commit oneself to travel plans at the moment, therefore, the Hotel SOFIA Barcelona is offering you a free cancellation policy for your next booking until 30 June. You can book now without having to worry. You can cancel your booking at any time up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival and receive a full refund.
Should we are obliged to remain closed during the dates that you have booked, we will offer you alternative accommodation of the same or superior standard at another one of our own hotels or another nearby hotel in the same city. If this isn’t possible, we will allow guests to cancel their bookings free of charge or to postpone their stay to a later date once the hotel has reopened, subject to availability and applicable rates.
If you have made your booking through an online travel agent or any other travel agent, we recommend contacting the supplier of your booking for information about their rebooking policy.
Due to the circumstances, our customer service centres may take longer than usual to respond. Please understand that our team may be dealing with other enquiries and that we will send you a satisfactory reply as soon as we possibly can.
The wellbeing and health of our guests and employees is our priority at the Hotel SOFIA Barcelona. That is why we are rigorously complying with the guidelines laid down by the World Health Organization and the relevant authorities for the containment of the coronavirus (COVID-19) all over the world.
We are very much aware that the COVID-19 pandemic and the responses of governmental and health authorities are in a constant state of change and development. Please bear in mind that the measures contained in this document are also subject to change over time.
Safety measures at hotels in response to COVID-19
The safety of our guests and staff remains our highest priority. In response to the healthcare crisis caused by COVID-19, we have taken additional health and safety measures to help keep our guests and employees safe:
- All of our facilities will be disinfected before Hotels are opened.
- We have updated our daily cleaning and disinfection protocols for all facilities. The update to these changes will increase the frequency of disinfection of rooms and communal areas, with particular emphasis on commonly-used items such as handrails, staircases, door handles, lift buttons, etc. The daily disinfection will be carried out using anti-viral products authorised by the Ministry of Health for use against COVID-19.
- Disinfectant gel will be made available and clients will be invited to use this on arrival at the Hotel reception as well as in all of our Restaurants.
- Occupancy numbers will be reduced in all of our facilities, maintaining social distancing of 2 metres at all times, between employees as well as between clients and employees.
- The entire staff will be trained on COVID-19, prevention measures and new ways of working. Specific training will be provided for all staff involved in cleaning and disinfection tasks.
- Employees will be provided with the necessary PPE to carry out their work, according to the guidelines set out by the WHO, Ministry of Health and specific Risk Assessment.
- Employees will have their temperature taken on a daily basis and no one with a temperature over 37.5 degrees will be admitted.
- Implementation of action protocols in the event of potential positive or suspected cases at our facilities. This protocol has been created in conjunction with the Medical Department of our external Prevention Service.
We will continue to ensure that hygiene and cleanliness remain the top priority throughout our operations.